Ipv6 / DNS questions

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+freebsd at ijs.si
Fri Jun 2 12:38:19 UTC 2017

I wish FreeBSD would adopt the dhcpcd daemon from the NetBSD project
(2-clause BSD license) as a standard DHCP client for IPv4 and IPv6,
as some other OSes have done by now. It is currently available in
FreeBSD ports as net/dhcpcd.

Among other features it supports RFC 7217, i.e. stable privacy address,
which should be as easy to configure in FreeBSD as is now the
(mostly undesirable) ipv6_privacy="YES", but is currently much
too complicated for an average user.

   Mark