Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260

Andreas Nilsson andrnils at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:50:43 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a laptop with an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 card (
iwm0 at pci0:4:0:0:
       class=0x028000 card=0x11308086 chip=0x24f38086 rev=0x3a hdr=0x00 )
in my thinkpad x1 yoga.

I'm running 12-CURRENT, and wireless is sort of working, although very
slowly: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet OFDM/54Mbps mode 11a where I would
expect more. My old trusted access point is a wndr3700 which supports 11n (
worked fine with my macbook, regularly got 20Mb/s.

I bought a new access point to get that 11ac goodness, but I can barley get
my new laptop to find the anything on the 5GHz band.

So my questions:
-Does FreeBSD actually support 11ac yet?
-Shouldn't my ac8260 support 11n as well?
-Should I get different scan results depending on if have my old or new ap
connected?
-How come my t510 thinkpad (different os btw) can see my 5GHz net on my new
ap but my yoga does not?

Best regards
Andreas