netmap_mem_get_info

Vincenzo Maffione v.maffione at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 20:14:21 UTC 2017

Hi,
  You're right, we'll try to add more details.

In any case, buf_size, ring_size and if_size are the sizes in bytes of each
buffer, ring and netmap_if (control data structure), respectively.
So the maximum amount of slots for each ring is ring_size/16, as 16 is the
size in bytes of struct netmap_slot.

On the other side, buf_num, ring_num and if_num are the total number of
biffers, rings and netmap_if objects in each netmap memory area (aka
"allocator").
By default there is a single memory area used by all the hardware NICs and
a separate memory area for each VALE port.
This is already configurable, however.

Cheers,
  Vincenzo

--