lagg Interfaces - don't do Gratuitous ARP?

Ryan Stone rysto32 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:58:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 4:04 AM, Steven Hartland <killing at multiplay.co.uk>
wrote:

> The disappointing thing about this is we had a solution, all be it one not
> everyone liked, nearly a year ago now and yet here we are still stuck with
> a broken lagg implementation in the tree.

I would point out this 4-year-old thread in which a former co-worker
pointed the same issue with GARPs not being issued and proposed a fix that
was rejected (rightly) for being too much of a layer violation.  It's
disappointing to me to see that somebody has fixed the issue in exactly the
way proposed in this thread, only to have the method that was correct 4
years ago rejected today.

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2012-February/031328.html