TCP route caching panic

Mike Karels mike at karels.net
Thu Oct 20 00:27:42 UTC 2016

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 02:29:14PM -0700, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> T>   Hi!
> T>
> T>   I got this panic in a bhyve VM, which was just compiling stuff
> T> and had two ssh sessions open. It has static network configuration,
> T> one interfaces, one IP address, IPv4 only and it sees only hardware
> T> address of the host. So it is minimal possible configuration. It
> T> runs with INVARIANTS.

> Important note that kernel has FLOWTABLE option. And recently I refined
> the original fix of FLOWTABLE+inpcb_route_cache. This might be related,
> but I don't see how. The inp code explicitly nulls the ro_lle when
> it frees it.

Hmm, I run a similar configuration, but may not run as many compiles.
I'm running a recent head GENERIC system, so has INVARIANTS.  I've
tested with FLOWTABLE in the past; I'll try it again now.

But if I understand correctly, you have modifications?  Could we see
them (assuming they are not in the tree, I haven't been watching closely)?

		Mike