[Differential] D8582: Bump so_options storage from "short" to "int" to match optname argument type in get/setsockopt system calls

sobomax (Maksym Sobolyev) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 19 17:30:19 UTC 2016

sobomax created this revision.
sobomax added a reviewer: freebsd-net-list.
sobomax set the repository for this revision to rS FreeBSD src repository.
Herald added a subscriber: imp.
Herald added a reviewer: transport.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Current storage format for the so_options is short and we are already have 16 options defined, which makes it impossible to add new and experimental options. There is very little sense to save 2 bytes of memory per socket in 2016, hence this change.

TEST PLAN
  I've run world and kernel (GENERIC) twice one with this change and one without. No errors or new warnings, so it looks good.

REPOSITORY
  rS FreeBSD src repository

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D8582