IPv6, ULAs and FreeBSD

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:02:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff <
niklaas at box-fra-01.niklaas.eu> wrote:

> Kevin Oberman [2016-05-26 21:11 -0700] :
>
> > The most valid use is when you can only get a /64 from your provider.
>
> I got a /112 for each of my virtual servers... So, I decided to go for
> ULAs for the VPN between them.

This is fine, but why not use link-local for the VPN links? That's the
primary reason for them. (N.B. I am not aware of your architectural
details, and ULAs for the VPNs might be appropriate.)

As long as they are properly allocated and statically routed, you can use a
/112 or any other prefix length, just don't assume that they will work in
any more global environment.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com