dummynet + CoDel, FQ-Codel, PIE, and FQ-PIE

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 17 07:56:06 UTC 2016

On 16 May, To: freebsd-net at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> On 16 May, To: freebsd-net at FreeBSD.org wrote:
>> I'd like to see us get these patches committed to HEAD in time for
>> 11.0-RELEASE: <http://caia.swin.edu.au/freebsd/aqm/downloads.html>
>>
>> I've been running this stuff on my firewall box for a few months
>> and it has tamed the latency problems I was having with my DSL
>> connection to the internet whenever big uploads or downloads were in
>> progress.  Doing this with ALTQ would have been a lot more difficult
>> even if the CoDel stuff in ALTQ was documented ...
>
> I put it up on Phabricator here: <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D6388>

I've updated the Phabricator review with the recently released version
0.21 patch.

Change log:

Version 0.2.1 (17 May 2016)
- Fixed FQ-Codel/FQ-PIE over-limit checking
- Fixed CoDel/FQ-Codel isqrt initial value that can cause wrong isqrt guessing
- Fixed kernel panic when unloading dummynet module while there is a busy
  PIE AQM
- Fixed kernel panic when reconfigure busy droptail pipe to use CoDel/PIE AQM
- Fixed mismatch FQ-Codel/FQ-PIE quantum boundaries with the technical report