DHCPv6 Support in FreeBSD Base

David Bright david_a_bright at dell.com
Fri Jun 10 21:27:09 UTC 2016

On Jun 10, 2016, at 13:06, Mel Pilgrim <list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com<mailto:list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com>> wrote:

Could the WIDE client be used instead?  Unlike the ISC client, it will
configure downstream interfaces from PD prefixes without needing an
external script.  It also completely avoids the problem of trying to
update the in-base dhclient.

The ISC client isn’t the only choice. I chose to work with the ISC client in my work because the current FreeBSD dhclient shares a common ancestry with the current ISC dhclient and also because the ISC dhclient implements pseudo interfaces, which is a feature that I need for my application.

Is the WIDE client still maintained? When I looked, the most recent release I found was from 2008. Perhaps you have a link to a more recent version of the WIDE client.

Thanks.

--
David A. Bright
Storage Development Principal Engineer