projects/routing announcement/status

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 27 20:43:21 UTC 2016

27.08.2016, 20:58, "Jim Thompson" <jim at netgate.com>:
>>  On Aug 27, 2016, at 11:50 AM, Hooman Fazaeli <hoomanfazaeli at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Second have you considered replacing the existing radix tree with a faster data structure, specially the Luigi DXR
>>  tables?
(Sorry for re-posting #2, I incidentally sent an html-only reply).

One of the goals was to be able to ease switching between different structures for different purposes on-fly.
I did consider using DXR and there was even some glue code to make it modular lookup algo in ipfw tables:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=271932

DXR is very fast when handling full-view, but, as Jim already mentioned it is ipv4-specific.
Also, it might be overkill when having small number of routes (e.g. typical non-routing host).