Vale port naming

Matt Churchyard matt.churchyard at userve.net
Mon Apr 4 11:59:39 UTC 2016

>From the little information I can find on the net it seems that valeX:Y is the format for a port on a vale switch.
Some examples use vale0:1, others use a letter such as valeA:0. The only details I can find is a vague reference to a 15/16? character limit, although I don't know whether that applies to just the first part of the whole thing.

Can anyone clarify the valid format for a vale switch/port?
Is there any length or character restriction on X & Y?

Regards
Matt Churchyard