transport mode IPSec with Windows 7, static keys

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Fri Sep 25 06:42:40 UTC 2015

Victor Sudakov wrote:

> Has anyone tried to set up transport mode IPSec with Windows 7 using
> static keys?

Hereby I declare that I have failed to setup static keys IPSec between
FreeBSD and Windows.

However, FreeBSD+racoon and Windows 7 with its builtin IPsec
PolicyAgent service work more or less (E: 3des-cbc, A: hmac-sha1) on
pre-shared secret.

The only problem I have encountered is that after Windows reboot,
traffic stops flowing between FreeBSD and Windows until racoon is
restarted.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the net.key.preferred_oldsa
setting.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru