ixl 40G bad performance?

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 03:38:33 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Daniel Engberg <
daniel.engberg.lists at pyret.net> wrote:

> One thing I've noticed that probably affects your performance benchmarks
> somewhat is that you're using iperf(2) instead of the newer iperf3 but I
> could be wrong...
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel

iperf3 is not a newer version of iperf. It is a total re-write and a rather
different tool. It has significant improvements in many areas and new
capabilities that might be of use. That said, there is no reason to think
that the results of tests using iperf2 are in any way inaccurate. However,
it is entirely possible to get misleading results if options not properly
selected.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com