MPTCP for FreeBSD repository on BitBucket/v0.51 update

Nigel Williams njwilliams at swin.edu.au
Fri Oct 23 05:48:06 UTC 2015

Hi George,

> Very nice!  Just wondering how you're testing this out.  I've been
> working on a lot of networking
> tests and I'm sure MPTCP introduces some interesting complications.

Right now the tests are quite simple - based off the shell scripts and
topology here: https://bitbucket.org/nw-swin/caia-mptcp-files/src

These are mostly quick and dirty tests to catch regressions (I'm still
making some fairly broad changes to the implementation). They provide
basic MP connections and some dummynet control to adjust the link
characteristics.

I don't yet have anything where I can easily script-in topology changes,
bring links up and down mid-connection, introduce cross traffic, etc...
but the plan is to move to that kind of set up.

And it's probably worth mentioning I've just been running my tests in
VMs, though I'd like to run tests on hardware once I squash some of the
stability issues.

cheers,
nigel