Ubuntu-phone BQ as Wifi router to the Internet

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Oct 22 18:43:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a mobile phone, a Ubuntu BQ which works really nice as any kind
of Linux box, SSH access etc. (not like this Android crap).

At the moment I'm using my BQ as a router to the Internet as described
here: https://gurucubano.gitbooks.io/bq-aquaris-e-4-5-ubuntu-phone/content/chapter4.html
i.e. via USB and tethering:

FreeBSD-netbook ---(USB tethering)---> BQ ---(data mobile) ---> Internet

I'd like to get rid of the USB cable and I'm thinking about the
following:

My FreeBSD C720 netbook acts as an AP, the BQ connects, but all the routing and
DNS is scripted the way that the traffic from the netbook goes over
Wifi to the BQ and from this to Internet;
I investigated the option and technical it seems to work once changed
routing etc. in the BQ;

Any comments?

Thanks

	matthias