ixl 40G bad performance?

Eggert, Lars lars at netapp.com
Wed Oct 21 15:01:19 UTC 2015

Hi Jack,

On 2015-10-21, at 16:14, Jack Vogel <jfvogel at gmail.com> wrote:
> The 40G hardware is absolutely dependent on firmware, if you have a mismatch
> for instance, it can totally bork things. So, I would work with your Intel
> rep and be sure you have the correct version for your specific hardware.

I got these tester cards from Amazon, so I don't have a rep.

I flashed the latest NVM (1.2.5), because previously the FreeBSD driver was complaining about the firmware being too old. But I did that before the experiments.

If there is anything else I should be doing, I'd appreciate being put in contact with someone at Intel who can help.

Thanks,
Lars
Lars