Freebsd 10.2 amd64 netmap ipfw

Archy Cho archycho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 14:27:31 UTC 2015

Dear Professor Luigi

After I read the past mailing list , I got it working now ,
but I have something to ask.

Quote from
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2014-November/040380.html <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2014-November/040380.html>
WITHOUT kipfw you will be OUT of communication. If you want to have
communication without kipfw please configure if_bridge(4) properly.
My testing boxes , I could communicate with bridge + kipfw ,
but not without bridge , is that normal ? ( I have tested , after kipfw with bridge , filtering rules still could be applied )

And do kipfw could be enable as multithread for a single bridge to provide better performance ?

Thank you so much .

Archy Cho