Freebsd 10.2 amd64 netmap ipfw

Archy Cho archycho at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 13:21:02 UTC 2015

Dear Jim and all

My map as follow:

+---------------------+            +---------------------------------+             +------------------------+
| Cisco Router        |            | Freebsd 10.2 amd64 custom kernel|             | Linux box with         |
| IP 10.0.85.1/30     |            | recompiled with "device netmap" |             | IP 172.16.0.1/30       |
|                     | +--------->+ ix0 = 10.0.85.2/30              | <-----------+ control the Freebsd box
|                     |            | ix1 = down                      |             | via ssh                |
|                     |            | igb0 = 172.16.0.2/30            |             |                        |

1) I have recompiled the kernel with device netmap
2) I downloaded the next.zip and compiled got the kipfw and ipfw
3) I connect via linux box , ssh 172.16.0.2

Do anyone advise , how could I enable netmap ipfw to filter traffic from Cisco Router ?

Archy Cho