Page fault after destroying/reconfiguring GRE interface

Andrey V. Elsukov ae at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 5 18:24:31 UTC 2015

On 05.10.2015 20:42, Julian Kornberger wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> I compiled and installed a new Kernel with your patch, but is does not
> help. It seems as if the crash only occurs if I have two GRE interfaces
> and I destroy the second one (gre1). If I destroy the first one (gre0),
> it does not crash:
>
> gre0 with 10.9.0.13 -> 10.9.0.12
> gre1 with 10.9.0.15 -> 10.9.0.14 (destroyed)

It seems this panic now only possible when ip_encap list contains stale
pointer to gre softc. And since you use releng/10.2 branch, try also
apply this patch from stable/10:
	https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=288529

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov