Frequent hickups on the networking layer

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Sun May 10 04:41:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

Yes, it did. I see no mbuf errors anymore, no Ethernet errors. Ctld does not crash anymore, it kept running after lowering the mtu to 1500.

I am using vlans and the weirdest thing when lowering the mtu was that everything went crazy when I only lowered the mtu for the vlan interface. Ctld would not start completely, pings started taking several hundred milliseconds. It just wouldn't work anymore. Only when I lowered all interfaces to 1500, stuff was ok and has been since.

I do see a lot of jumbo page allocations during backups at night, which might be nfsd or ctld, but it's not causing any issues.

I've learned, for now: FreeBSD and jumbo frames is a no-go.

Hope it helps for you too.

Regards,

--
Mark Schouten