Realtek Issues (re) on PC Engines APU1 Board...

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 08:04:40 UTC 2015

--On 14 June 2015 15:15 +0100 Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk> wrote:

> I've disconnected 're1' again (as before) to see if that stops it locking
> up.

Ok, don't use re1 for anything - the box is stable. Use re1 (even for
fairly low volumes of traffic) and the box locks up hard after a random
amount of time.

I got a couple more 're1 watchdog timeout' errors.

I tried enabling DDB and 'break to debugger' (this works when the box is up
and running) - but I can't break to the debugger when the box is locked up.

So with nothing logged on the console, no route to the debugger - and no
other errors logged (with the latest firmware) apart from a now very
occasional 're1 watchdog timeout' - I'm a little stuck for what to do next
[apart from don't use re1 on PC Engines APU1].

Checking on the Realtek site they have drivers for up to FreeBSD 9 - I'll
probably drop them an email and see if they have anything for 10 / 10.1.

-Karl