Netmap support for Linux Containers (veth)

Luke McHale lam89 at tamu.edu
Thu Jan 29 01:11:18 UTC 2015

Hello Dr. Luigi Rizzo and netmap contributors,

I am looking to integrate netmap capabilities into linux’s veth (Virtual Ethernet device) for netmap support within linux containers.  Does a patch currently exist?  If not, do you have any intuition as to what it would take to add netmap capability?  I am new to the netmap framework and I would appreciate any help you can provide toward patching veth for netmap.

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/net/veth.c <http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/net/veth.c>

Thank you,
Luke McHale