Netmap mempool

Ciprian Barbu ciprian.barbu at linaro.org
Thu Jan 22 18:12:12 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have some questions related to OpenDataPlane. I have implemented the
I/O access using netmap for ODP but currently it's suffering from low
performance due to packets being copied between the netmap slots and
ODP buffers.

I want to create ODP buffer pools on top of netmap memory but I'm
concerned with three things:
1. how to keep a buffer for as long as needed without affecting the
receive process; I guess I could use the NS_BUF_CHANGED flag in some
way
2. the netmap memory may not be large enough to accommodate a complex
ODP application
3. the ODP application may occasionally hold on to buffers for longer time

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
/Ciprian