[Differential] [Commented On] D1711: Changes to the callout code to restore active semantics and also add a test-framework and test to validate thecallout code (and potentially for use by other tests).

rrs (Randall Stewart) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 17 17:50:11 UTC 2015

rrs added a comment.

Hiren:

There also should have been a printf before the panic string
 printf( "spin lock %p (%s) held by %p (tid %d) too long\n",
            m, m->lock_object.lo_name, td, td->td_tid);

Can we see what that lovely printf has displayed?

In theory the lo_name should be "callout" and the %p should point to &cc_cpu[0].cc_lock

Can we validate that these align correctly too?

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1711

To: rrs, gnn, rwatson, lstewart, jhb, kostikbel, sbruno, imp, adrian, hselasky
Cc: julian, hiren, jhb, kostikbel, emaste, delphij, neel, erj, freebsd-net