NFS and diskless: some questions re nfs_diskless.c

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Mon Feb 16 23:33:04 UTC 2015

Well, I removed all the BOOTP* items from config and re-built kernel.

* With FreeBSD's pxeboot everything works normally and root is mounted as NFSv3. dhcp.conf has option root-path defined.

* When trying to use Grub, boot stops at the "mountroot>" prompt, wich was the original problem as far as I recall. The grub.cfg file already passes these params to the FreeBSD kernel to no avail:
vfs.root.mountfrom="nfs:192.168.2.1:/data/amd64"
boot.nfsroot.server="192.168.2.1"
boot.nfsroot.path="/data/amd64"

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS