Poor high-PPS performance of the 10G ixgbe(9) NIC/driver in FreeBSD 10.1

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:01:43 UTC 2015

hi,

Are you able to graph per-queue interrupt rates?

It looks like the traffic is distributed differently (the first two
queues are taking interrupts).

Does 10.1 have the flow director code disabled? I remember there was
some .. interesting behaviour with ixgbe where it'd look at traffic
and set up flow director rules to try and "balance" things. It was
buggy and programmed the hardware badly, so we disabled it in at least
-HEAD.

-adrian