should m_copyback possibly throw data away?

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Fri Apr 24 18:23:10 UTC 2015

John-Mark Gurney wrote this message on Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:11 -0700:
> I would also be fine w/ documenting this behavior, though I'm sure
> it'd be surprising to many that you'd have to check to make sure your
> data was properly copied.

Should have reviewed the m_copyback function before sending this
email...

It gets worse..  If the m_get to extend it fails, there is no
notification that your data didn't get copyied into the mbuf.. and no
warning in the man page that this function is unsafe and may cause
data loss...

Comments?

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579