svn commit: r272089 - head/sys/netpfil/ipfw

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 25 19:44:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 05:56:45PM +0400, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
A> > Ok, moving off to freebsd-net.  How should we proceded with debugging
A> > further?
A>
A> Probably this can occurs when outgoing interface disappeared
A> (netgrapg/tun/tap/lagg/vlan/usb ethernet), but packets were not send yet
A> (delayed in the dummynet pipe). I think this is well known problem.

AFAIK, when an mbuf leaves an interface, it completely detaches
from it. There is no mechanism to clear all rcvif pointers on all
mbufs travelling through stack when interface departs. Yes, here
I describe another problem: interface departs, and rcvif pointers
are stale. This is known and old problem. But the pointers are
not NULL.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.