vlan problem

Tony Moseby tsmoseby at yahoo.no
Thu Sep 25 18:56:25 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have a nasty  vlan problem that you might be able to help:

I have two servers connect though  a marvel switch , in one of the servers
I am running FreeBSD 8.2.

Everything is fine until I define a vlan in each server,I can define the vlan in Fbsd side
and all still ok,how ever when I define the vlan in the non Fbsd server the communication

between the servers on the trunk/lan stops working.
However the lan communication works fine.The trunk  has 10.0.1.10(A server)and 10.0.1.11(B server)

and the vlan 10.0.80.110 and 10.80.111 .
If I ping from 1.0.1.10(non Fbsd) to 10.0.1.11(Bsd) , I can see the icmp request going to Bsd server
but no answer coming back.
If I ping from the Bsd server (1.0.1.11) to 1.0.1.10  I can see the icmp reques coming to 1.0.1.10
and I also can see the answer arriving in 1.0.1.11, but nothing more happens.
Looks like Fbsd can not handle this after the vlan been define in the non Fbsd server.
Someone understand this behavor?
Thanks