help creating a send-receive test suit using netmap

David dajose22 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:02:40 UTC 2014

Hi

I am trying to compare the performance of sending packets using netmap,
socket and packet mmap.

Right now I am working on top of pkt-gen and some other implementations for
socket and packet mmap. I'm interested on the relation between packet size
and packets I can send per second.

I was following the code to check all the steps, and I found it is going
throught a memcpy to set the packet on the netmap buffer (as defined
on nm_pkt_copy inside netmap_user.h). I am afraid that the data I'm reading
is mostly driven by the time the memcpy takes.

Is there any other way around to check the performance in "send" to avoid
this bottleneck?

regards

--
David Díaz Barquero