Netmap - Packet generating performance changes

Long Tran kyle.longtran at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 08:42:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am experimenting netmap and see one strange behavior.
When I am generating packets using pkt-gen example from PC1 to PC2, the
rate is about 3Mpps. But when I run pkg-gen -f rx -i p1p1 from PC2, the
generating rate in PC1 goes up to 14.66Mpps.

I thought the performance of netmap in one PC didn't depend on the other
end.
Could anyone help explain it to me please?

Thanks,
*Long Tran*
Research Assistant
MS in Network Communications and Technology Project Management
University of Houston