netmap-ipfw on em0 em1

Evandro Nunes evandronunes12 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 00:40:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Patrick Tracanelli <
eksffa at freebsdbrasil.com.br> wrote:

> Hey, what you are doing wrong is much more simple than you expect.
>
> > # ./kipfw em1 em2 > & /tmp/kipfw.log &
> > [1] 66583
>
> Just run ./kipfw netmap:em1 netmap:em2 and this will probably work.
>
> Please remember to redirect kipfw output to somewhere you are not reading
> only *after* you are sure the output is showing errors. If you could read
> the output you would probably get something like “error opening em0” or
> something like that coming netmap.

hello dear patrick
thank you, yes it did work now
at least it is counting packets

but things are still weird, even though I have only count and allow rules,
and yes they are counting packets, when I run kipfw, every packet on em1
and em2 gets dropped immediately. no matter they are allow rules counting
packets, packets get dropped and machine-A gets completely isolated from
machine-C

any further help is appreciated