kern/190102: [tcp] net.inet.tcp.drop_synfin=1 no longer works on FreeBSD 10+ [regression]

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at freebsd.org
Thu May 29 05:50:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR kern/190102; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eygene Ryabinkin <rea at freebsd.org>
To: FreeBSD GNATS followup <bug-followup at freebsd.org>,
	freebsd-net at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/190102: [tcp] net.inet.tcp.drop_synfin=1 no longer works on
 FreeBSD 10+ [regression]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:46:45 +0400

 --LXx4g46d83wF7unj

 I assume that your pf(4) is enabled during these tests, you have
 "scrub" statements in the ruleset and removing "scrub" will restore
 the expected behaviour on 10.x?

 I am slightly amused that on 9.x with "scrub" you're getting the
 expected behaviour, because clearing FIN bit for SYN packets was
 the standard behaviour of pf since approximately at least 10 years,
   http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/vendor-sys/pf/dist/sys/contrib/pf/net/pf_n=
 orm.c?view=3Dmarkup&pathrev=3D126258#l1242

 Can you show relevant parts of the pf.conf from both machines
 and output from 'pfctl -s rules' if you are sure that both machines
 are configured identically pf-wise?

 Thanks!
 --=20
 Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
 [ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]
 [ 82FE 06BC D497 C0DE 49EC  4FF0 16AF 9EAE 8152 ECFB | freebsd.org ]

 --LXx4g46d83wF7unj

 --LXx4g46d83wF7unj--