kern/174958: [net] [patch] rnh_walktree_from makes unreasonable assumptions

Keith Sklower sklower at vangogh.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat May 10 01:00:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR kern/174958; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Keith Sklower <sklower at vangogh.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, melifaro at FreeBSD.org, sklower at cs.berkeley.edu
Cc: zec at fer.hr
Subject: Re: kern/174958: [net] [patch] rnh_walktree_from makes unreasonable assumptions
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 17:38:53 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi,

 I had many, many exchanges of email with Marko Zec concerning this
 issue; please keep it open.

 We're both agreed there is a problem, and we came up with a patch
 that he's OK with, but we didn't reach full agreement on some other
 issues which have implications for locking, which have subsequently
 addressed by somebody else.

 I would like to come up with a patch for FreeBSD 10 and revive the
 discussion, but I'm busy for the next couple of weeks.

 (and also a test harness which demonstrates casses where the distributed
 code fails, which can be run at user level).

 Keith