How to create an SCTP association

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Thu May 1 12:49:53 UTC 2014

I have an SOCK_SEQPACKET socket and want to setup an association
without sending a message.

The background is that I want to keep the round-trip times of peer
servers.
I've enabled regular heartbeat and can use SCTP_GET_PEER_ADDR_INFO
to get the RTT.
But in case a host is down or services are restarted I don't have
an association to ask, so I will need some way to (re)establish
associations.
This is done in a different thread as the normal socket operation,
which uses EOR to write.
If I send a (dummy)message to the socket I would have to add a mutex
to not disturb the sending thread.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de