freebsd 10.0 not work carp protocol on Hyper-v

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 4 18:21:01 UTC 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 11:43, Maurizio Marini <maurizio.marini at cost.it> wrote:

> "But shouldn't the CARP state go to "master" anyway, even if it couldn't find a
> live partner due to network/Hyper-V problems?"
>
> this is the question, forget network/Hyper-V problems, CARP should go MASTER
> anyway

I will have to test again in that XenServer environment soon but I believe it also stayed INIT there unless you forced it to MASTER. I could be wrong, though.

You're right though -- it should go to MASTER if it can't talk to the other members.