kern/185967: Link Aggregation LAGG: LACP not working in 10.0

Scott Long scott4long at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 09:06:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

Unfortunately, you can’t control the strict mode globally.  My apologies for this mess, I’ll make sure that it’s fixed for FreeBSD 10.1.  If the sysctl doesn’t help then maybe consider compiling a custom kernel with it defaulted to 0.  You’ll need to open /sys/net/ieee802ad_lacp.c and look for the function lacp_attach().  You’ll see the strict_mode assign underneath that.  I’ll also send you a patch in a few minutes.  Until then, try enabling net.link.lagg.lacp.debug=1 and see if you’re receiving heartbeat PDU’s from your switch.

Scott