Set arbitrary protocol for route?

Nikolay Denev nike_d at cytexbg.com
Sat Aug 23 05:54:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 22 August 2014 15:39, Josh Moore <jmoore at devalias.io> wrote:
>> I am trying to add a local route with an arbitrary protocol number.  This is done with iproute2 in Linux by:
>>
>> ip route add to local $ip/32 dev eth0 proto $num
>>
>> How can I do this in FreeBSD 10?
>>

> What's that supposed to do?
>

> -a

Unfortunately I don't think there is a direct equivalent for this on FreeBSD.
This route protocol id on Linux allows let's say different routing
daemons to install routes with it's own protocol ID,
which can be used to select which one has priority.
I think similar proposals sparked some discussions about is the kernel
routing table a FIB or a RIB in the past.

--Nikolay