Server with multiple public IP

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Mon Apr 28 10:11:19 UTC 2014

On 4/28/14, 5:44 PM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 04/28/14 11:18, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
>
>> You could put all the services which are on 2.0.0.2 in a separate
>> fib and
>> there have another default-route.
>
> Thanks, but unfortunately I can't, since some services must be able
> to answer on both addresses.

the answer is to use the ipfw setfib rule for incoming packets on the
second interface.
setfib 1 ip from any to any in recv em0
In new freebsd kernels you can do this with ifconfig em0 fib 1 (I
think that's the syntax) without involving ipfw.

then the session will inherit that fib. Outgoing packets from that
session will use fib 1 while other outgoing packets will use fib0.