kern/188897: [dc] dc ethernet driver seems to prevent the detection of other NIC chipsets

Mr. Clif test at eugeneweb.com
Thu Apr 24 17:20:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR kern/188897; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Mr. Clif" <test at eugeneweb.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, clif at eugeneweb.com
Subject: Re: kern/188897: [dc] dc ethernet driver seems to prevent the detection
 of other NIC chipsets
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:11:33 -0700

 Well I guess we were over optimistic on PR 179033. Yes I can get some of
 the Nics to work some of the time but mostly they don't work. They DO
 list the correct mac addresses and Status lines though, so that is an
 improvement. If I have just one quad port card installed then dc3 works
 most often, then dc1. dc0 and dc2 I'm not sure I ever saw working. Even
 if an interface worked for a bit it often stops after a while. Id'e be
 happy to run some tests if anyone has some patches for me to try.

      Clif