re0: watchdog timeout

Frank Volf frank at deze.org
Mon Apr 7 18:50:24 UTC 2014

Yonghyeon PYUN schreef op 7-4-2014 10:32:
> It would be even better to know your network configuration. I'm not
> sure why you have to disable VLAN hardware tagging. But given that
> you've disabled it, could you also try disabling VLAN hardware
> checksum offloading?

HI Again,

Sorry, forgot to answer the second part of your question, the disabling
of VLAN hardware checksum.
I can't get that to work, it won't enable even though the command has
been accepted.

Regards,

Frank

Script started on Mon Apr  7 20:46:33 2014
root at drawbridge:~ # ifconfig re0
re0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=8208b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,WOL_MAGIC,LINKSTATE>
         ether 80:ee:73:77:e9:ab
         nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
         media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
         status: active
root at drawbridge:~ # ifconfig re0 -vlanhwcsum
root at drawbridge:~ # ifconfig re0 down
root at drawbridge:~ # ifconfig re0 up
root at drawbridge:~ # ifconfig re0
re0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=8208b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,WOL_MAGIC,LINKSTATE>
         ether 80:ee:73:77:e9:ab
         nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
         media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>)
         status: active
root at drawbridge:~ # exit
exit

Script done on Mon Apr  7 20:47:18 2014