OpenBGPd + TCP-MD5 sig fails after a few weeks

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at koumbit.org
Thu Nov 28 19:31:18 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-28 13:14:18, Ermal Luçi wrote:
> Can you show your related config to this!
> The only other thing i can think of is that since the daemon is inserting
> policies you have to define
> local-address $your-local-ip
>
> So the SPD policy is generated correctly.

Ah! That was it!!!

Without local-address, I get this:

pfkey: Invalid argument
neighbor 38.104.152.101 (Cogent): pfkey setup failed

With local-address, it just works!

> You can verify the generated policy using setkey utility.

I confirm the policy is properly installed by the pfsense port, if and
only if local-address is specified.

Next step would be to file a PR to update the port! I have tried to
factor in a patch that merges the pfsense port in the FreeBSD port with
minimal changes, would you mind reviewing it before I send it?

Here's the patch to the FreeBSD port: