svn commit: r258328 - head/sys/net

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 21 00:07:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

We should migrate drivers to use a multi-input method where it's
appropriate. It's the same pain as if_transmit() is/was.

I'd really like to avoid having hacky solutions like mbufs with magic
types. If we're going down that path, we should create a correct
inline messaging mechanism that includes arbitrary messages in the
stream, where some may or may not be mbufs. Magic mbufs just makes me
want to tear out my eyes a little.

So, the reason I'd like to back it out is because we should be doing
it via a multi method with some type that represents an mbuf list. If
George doesn't mind, I'll add a multi input method, move this stuff
into it, and make ether_input just be single frames.

-adrian