kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 65.59.233.102

CMarinier claude.marinier at cae.com
Tue Nov 19 14:43:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I experience a similar problem. After a few hours, "arpresolve: can't
allocate llinfo" messages start to accumulate in /var/log/messages. I run
FreeBSD 9.2 Release (amd64) without a default route. Only one of the three
Ethernet interfaces produces these errors. The FreeBSD machine is a WAN
emulator connected to three Cisco routers. Normal ARP tables have two
entries for each interface (one for self and one for the router); when this
problem occurs, the ARP table for the failing interface contains only the
entry for self. OSPF does not seem to mind (but it uses multicast). Ping
fails from FreeBSD and from the router; when the router pings, tcpdump on
FreeBSD can see the packets.

This problem is sometimes accompanied by "Invalid argument" errors on the
same interface.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thank you.

--