MQ Patch.

Randall Stewart rrs at lakerest.net
Wed Nov 6 15:01:28 UTC 2013

The other problem with no software ring is you will
have some rough time doing AQM approaches such as Codel.

Codel does a head drop, if there is no software ring you must get
the hardware to implement the head-drop.

Pi on the other hand does tail drop, which is why Cisco is pushing it, since
its much more friendly for both software and hardware queues combined (which
is what Cisco has).

Of course Pi has Cisco you can't sue me IPR with it thus the need for a plugin, but
Codel from Van does not have this.. but has that little niggle that it only
works with a queue in software that you can head-drop from .