Applying filters to bridge interfaces

C. L. Martinez carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu May 16 08:30:17 UTC 2013

Hi all,

 Is it possible to apply filters (something like bpf does) to a bridge
interfaces in FreeBSd 9.1? I have one bridge interface configured with
span options. I would like to "filter" traffic that cross this bridge
and redirect some traffic to one span port and another traffic to the
other.

 For example:

 My bridge interfaces is configured like this:

ifconfig_bridge0="addm em0 addm em1 span em3 span 4 up"

 I would like to redirect traffic that comes and arrives to/from IP
10.1.1.1 to span port in em3, and redirect only 'vlan' traffic to span
port in em4 ... Is this possible?? Or is it a stupid question??

Thanks.