bce(4) panics, 9.2rc1 [redux]

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 31 07:53:01 UTC 2013

Yonghyeon PYUN <pyunyh at gmail.com> wrote
  in <20130731074341.GC1105 at michelle.cdnetworks.com>:

py> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 03:54:06PM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
py> > [Added yougari@ and davidch@ to the To:/Cc: list]
py> >
py> >  I confirmed that my issue reported on -current@ is due to the bxe(4)
py> >  driver (BCM57711).  If it is disabled, shutdown works fine without
py> >  NMI.
py> >
py> >  Also, I received several reports about the same box that NMI occurred
py> >  even on bge(4) (BCM5717) driver when probing during power-cycle test.
py> >  The probability was about once per 30 power-cycles.  Once it
py> >  occurred, an AC on/off cycle was required (resetting a system
py> >  reproduced the NMI in the same timing).
py> >
py>
py> Hmm, Hiroki, could you add bge_reset()/bge_chipinit() after
py> bge_stop() in bge_shutdown() and let me know whether that change
py> makes any difference?

 Thank you.  I will give it a try.  The test will probably take some
 time since it occurs only once in 30-50 power-cycles, though.

 On bxe(4) it is 100% reproducible, FYI.

-- Hiroki