9-STABLE: bce pulse(): Warning: bootcode thinks driver is absent

Marc Fournier freebsd at hub.org
Sun Feb 24 08:22:20 UTC 2013

I just started to try and get VirtualBox up and running on this server .. same configuration as another server I already have a few of them running, but after a period of time with the install, I get the above error pop up on my remote console, and pinging to the server itself just dies …

I'm up to date for src / 9-STABLE as of today … have never seen this one before, nor can I seem to find anything useful through google except for points to the code itself …

When it dies, it isn't just the network that is dead, but the whole machine appears to be un-responsive …

When I rebuilt the kernel, I did also rebuild VirtualBox/kmod, since I've experienced odd things with it in the past …

Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?  Something with VirtualBox triggering … something?

Thx