Patch: carpdev for 9.1-RELEASE.

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:44:13 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Based on all changes made by glebius@, I made a patch to bring to
9.1-RELEASE the capability to have the carpdev.

This patch will not be submitted to 9-STABLE! This is not my intention.

As I need carpdev on 9.1-RELEASE, I made it and now I want share with you
guys. It works properly for me, however any review our problem, feel free
to let me know and I'll try my best to fix it.

Patch at: http://people.freebsd.org/~araujo/carpdev/

After apply the patch and build world/kernel, you can setup the carp as
follow:
root# ifconfig ix0 10.0.0.1 vhid 100 pass my_password
root# ifconfig ix0 vhid 100 state backup
root# ifconfig ix0 -k

Note: Just remember, it is experimental, don't use it on production.

Best Regards,
--
Marcelo Araujo
araujo at FreeBSD.org