Why call ETHER_BPF_MTAP on Tx when not tracing

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 1 12:18:10 UTC 2013

On 01.02.2013 10:09, Vijay Singh wrote:
> I see that BPFIF_LOCK() in bpf_mtap() is getting invoked, even
> though I am not tracing the interface. Is this expected?
This should not happen, since BPF_MTAP macro checks if BFP consumers
are present (via bpf_peers_present()) before calling bpf_mtap.

Btw, locking model is different in -current, you can take a look on
BPF changes in head starting from r233937.

> -vijay
>
> PS: I am running 8.2.

WBR, Alexander